Energy Harvesting, Smart Sensing, Signal Processing, Robotics, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence
Smart Wearable Devices
Smart Building and HCI
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute, Shenzhen 2019.11-Present
Assistant Professor, Principle Investigator
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA 2016.08-2019.10
Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering
Advisor: Prof. Zhong Lin Wang, Regents’ Professor and Hightower Chair
Ericsson R&D Center, Beijing, China 2010.06-2010.09
Intern, Integration & Verification Engineer
Journals (First, Co-First and Corresponding Author)
1. Wenbo Ding, Aurelia C. Wang, Changsheng Wu, Hengyu Guo, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Human- Machine Interfacing Enabled by Triboelectric Nanogenerators and Tribotronics,” Advanced Materials technologies, vol. 4, pp. 1800487, Jan. 2019.
2. Wenbo Ding, Changsheng Wu, Yunlong Zi, Haiyang Zou, Jiyu Wang, Jia Cheng, Aurelia C. Wang, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Self-Powered Wireless Optical Transmission of Mechanical Agitation Signals,” Nano Energy, vol. 47, pp. 566-572, May 2018.
3. Wenbo Ding, Jianfeng Zhou, Jia Cheng, Zhaozheng Wang, Hengyu Guo, Changsheng Wu, Sixing Xu, Zhiyi Wu, Xing Xie, and Zhong Lin Wang, “TriboPump: A Low-cost, Hand-powered Water Disinfection System,” Advanced Energy Materials, 2019， 1901320.
4. Wenbo Ding, Yang Lu, Fang Yang, Wei Dai, Pan Li, Sicong Liu, and Jian Song, “Spectrally Efficient Channel State Information Acquisition for Power Line Communications: A Bayesian Compressive Sensing Perspective,” IEEE Journal of Selected Areas on Communications, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 2022-2032, Jul. 2016.
5. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Sicong Liu, Xianbin Wang, and Jian Song, “Non-Orthogonal Time- Frequency Training Sequence Based CSI Acquisition for MIMO Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 5714-5719, Jul. 2016.
6. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Sicong Liu, and Jian Song, “Structured Compressive Sensing-based Non-orthogonal Time-domain Training Channel State Information Acquisition for Multiple Input Multiple Output Systems,” IET Communications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 685-690, Apr. 2016.
7. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Sicong Liu, and Jian Song, “Approach to Suppress Out-of-band Emission for Dual Pseudo Noise Padded Time-domain Synchronous-Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Systems,” IET Communications, vol. 9, no. 13, pp. 1606-1614, Sep. 2015.
8. Jian Song, Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Hui Yang, Bingyan Yu, and Hongming Zhang, “An Indoor Broadband Broadcasting System Based on PLC and VLC,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol.61, no. 2, pp. 299-308, Jun. 2015.
9. Wenbo Ding+, Fang Yang, Hui Yang, Jintao Wang, Xiaofei Wang, Xun Zhang, and Jian Song, “A Hybrid Power Line and Visible Light Communication System for Indoor Hospital Applications,” Computers in Industry, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 170-178, Apr. 2015.
10. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Wei Dai, and Jian Song, “Time-frequency Joint Sparse Channel Estimation for MIMO-OFDM Systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 58-61, Jan. 2015.
11. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Jian Song, and Zhisheng Niu, “Energy-efficient Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Scheme Based on Time-frequency Joint Channel Estimation,” IET Communications, vol. 8, no. 18, pp. 3406-3413, Dec. 2014.
12. Wenbo Ding, Fang Yang, Changyong Pan, Linglong Dai, and Jian Song, “Compressive Sensing Based Channel Estimation for OFDM Systems Under Long Delay Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 313-321, Jun. 2014. (IEEE 2015 Scott Helt Memorial Award, Best Transactions Award)
13. Jia Cheng*, Wenbo Ding*, Yunlong Zi*, Yijia Lu, Linhong Ji, Fan Liu, Changsheng Wu, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Triboelectric Microplasma Powered by Mechanical Stimuli,” Nature Communications, vol. 9, 3733, 2018.
14. Changsheng Wu*, Wenbo Ding*, Ruiyuan Liu*, Jiyu Wang, Aurelia C. Wang, Jie Wang, Shengming Li, Yunlong Zi, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Keystroke Dynamics Enabled Authentication and Identification Using Triboelectric Nanogenerator Array,” Materials Today, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 216-222, Apr. 2018.
15. Kai Dong*, Jianan Deng*, Wenbo Ding*, Aurelia C. Wang, Peihong Wang, Chaoyu Chen, Yi- Cheng Wang, Limin Jin, Bohong Gu, Baozhong Sun and Zhong Lin Wang, “Versatile Core-Sheath Yarn for Sustainable Biomechanical Energy Harvesting and Real-Time Human-Interactive Sensing,” Advanced Energy Materials, vol. 8, pp. 1801114, Jun. 2018.
16. Zhiyi Wu*, Wenbo Ding*, Yejing Dai*, Kai Dong, Changsheng Wu, Lei Zhang, Zhiming Lin, Jia Cheng, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Self-Powered Multifunctional Motion Sensor Enabled by Magnetic Regulated Triboelectric Nanogenerator,” ACS Nano, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 5726-5733, May 2018.
17. Jiyu Wang*, Wenbo Ding*, Lun Pan*, Changsheng Wu, Hua Yu, Ruijin Liao, Lijun Yang, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Self-powered Wind Sensor System for Detecting Wind Speed and Direction Based on Triboelectric Nanogenerator,” ACS Nano, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 3954-3963, Mar. 2018.
18. Yunlong Zi*, Changsheng Wu*, Wenbo Ding*, Xingfu Wang, Yejing Dai, Jia Cheng, Jiyu Wang, Zhengjun Wang, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Field Emission of Electrons Powered by a Triboelectric Nanogenerator,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 28, pp. 1800610, Apr. 2018.
19. Peihong Wang*, Ruiyuan Liu*, Wenbo Ding*, Peng Zhang, Lun Pan, Guozhang Dai, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Complementary Electromagnetic-triboelectric Active Sensor for Detecting Multiple Mechanical Triggering,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1705808, Mar. 2018.
20. Hua Yu*, Xu He*, Wenbo Ding*, Yongshan Hu, Congchen Yang, Shan Lu, Changsheng Wu, Haiyang Zou, Ruiyuan Liu, Canhui Lu, and Zhong Lin Wang, “A Self-Powered Dynamic Displacement Monitoring System based on Triboelectric Accelerometer,” Advanced Energy Materials, vol. 7, no. 19, pp. 1700565, Oct. 2017.
21. Zhiyi Wu*, Hengyu Guo*, Wenbo Ding*, Yi-Cheng Wang, Lei Zhang, and Zhong Lin Wang, “A Hybridized Triboelectric-Electromagnetic Water Wave Energy Harvester Based on a Magnetic Sphere,” ACS Nano, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 2349-2356, Jan. 2019
22. Sixing Xu*, Wenbo Ding*, Hengyu Guo*, Xiaohong Wang, and Zhong Lin Wang, “Boost the Performance of Triboelectric Nanogenerators through Circuit Oscillation,” Advanced Energy Materials, 2019, 1900772