Ph.D. in Chemical Technology (New Carbon Materials,1994-1999), Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
BEng in Polymer Chemical Engineering (1990-1994), Tianjin University, China.
Novel carbon materials, from porous carbons, tubular carbons to sheet-like graphenes with their applications in energy storage and environmental protection, including lithium-ion batteries, supercapacitors, lithium-sulfur batteries and li-air batteries.
BRIEF PROFILE FOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Research Focuses：Functional carbon materials with their applications in energy storage and environmental protection.
Invited talks: >30 invited/keynote talks since 2008 at academic institutions and research conferences.
Patents: Granted Chinese patents over 20 and other 10 in review process; Two US, one Japan and one EU patents are in review process.
PUBLICATIONS AND CITATIONS
His research contributes to over 110 peer-reviewed papers with a citation over 3000 times. These paper were published on Nature Chemistry, Advanced Materials, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Energy & Environmental Science, ACS Nano, Nano Letters, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Nano Energy, Scientific Reports, Chemical Communications, Nanoscale, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Carbon, etc.
MAIN HONORS AND AWARDS
· The Natural Science Award of Tianjin (1st class), Tianjin, China, 2013
· The Science and Technology Progress Award of Tianjin (1st class), Tianjin, China, 2012
· New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education, China, 2007.
· The Brian Kelly Award (2004), the British Carbon Group, 2004.
· JSPS fellowship (2003-2005), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 2003.
· Editorial board members for 9 journals:
-Carbon (Elsevier, 2011~)
-Energy Storage Materials (Elsevier, 2015~)
-Science China Materials (Springer,2014~)
-Materials Research Express (IOP, 2014~)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2010~)
-Transactions of Tianjin University (2010~)
-Carbon Technology (in Chinese, 2005~)
-Plating & Finishing (in Chinese, 2008~)
-Carbon (in Chinese, 2012~)
· Guest Editors for three special issues:
-2D Materials (IOP, 2014)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2014)
-New Carbon Materials (Elsevier, 2011).
· Referee services for over 20 journals (over 300 manuscripts) including: Nature Communications, PNAS, JACS, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, Energy & Environmental Science, Advanced Energy Materials, Nano Energy, Advanced Functional Materials, Carbon, Chemical Communications, Journal of Materials Chemistry, and etc.
· Referee services for over 30 doctoral theses from different countries.
· Referee services for over 100 research funding proposals including some from Hong Kong.