Dr. Xian Tang received her bachelor’s degree in electronic science and technology from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2007 and her Ph.D. degree in electronic engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2013. She was an international visiting student at the University of Toronto, Canada in 2011.
Dr. Tang is an IEEE Senior Member, the vice-chair of CAS society Shenzhen Chapter and one of the steering committee members of IEEE International Conference on Integrated Circuits, Technologies and Applications since 2018.
Dr. Tang’s current research focuses on analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits and system design, particularly high power-efficiency circuits for data conversion, natural signal interface and extraction, and wireless power transfer.
Past & Current Projects:
2017-2021, Principal Investigator of sub-project, National key research and development plan (2017YFB0406200): Study on the preparation and performance regulation of high-power density electronic device substrate materials.
2016-2018, Principal Investigator, NSFC Project (61504074): Research on ultra-low-power CMOS temperature sensing chip for Internet of Things applications.
2018-2021, Co-Principal Investigator, Shenzhen Key project of Fundamental Research: Research on high-density power management chip systems and key modules for 5G mobile devices.
2019-2021, Principal Investigator, Tsinghua University Shenzhen Graduate School overseas research cooperation foundation: Research on chips and system design of wireless power transfer with multiple output.
2018-2020, Principal Investigator, Shenzhen Fundamental Research Project: Research on wireless energy and data synchronization transmission system.
2018-2020, Principal Investigator, Shenzhen international cooperation project foundation: Research on megahertz wireless charging systems and chips.
2016-2018, Principal Investigator, Shenzhen peacock research foundation, Research on high efficiency and robust wireless charging system and chip.
2015-2017, Principal Investigator, Shenzhen Fundamental Research Project: low power CMOS temperature sensing chip.
81020142, IC design methodology, postgraduate course
- The teaching evaluation was top 5% in Tsinghua University in both 2014 and 2015
- This course was evaluated as top-5% course among all courses in Tsinghua University in 2015
81020172, Power Management Integrated Circuits, postgraduate course
1. X. Tang*, W. T. Ng and K. P. Pun, "Compact temperature sensor based on resistor and charge-pump", in IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Student Research Preview, San Francisco, California, USA, Feb.19, 2012.
Refereed journal publications
1. K. Peng, X. Tang*, S. Mai, and Z. Wang, “A Simultaneous Power and Downlink Data Transfer System with Pulse Phase Modulation”, IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 808-812, May, 2019.
2. X. Tang* and K. P. Pun, “A Self-Clocked Resistive CMOS Smart Temperature Sensor for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Journal of Circuits, System, and Computers, Vol.27, no.6, pp.1-14, 2018.
3. X. Tang*, J. Zeng, K. P. Pun, S. Mai, C. Zhang, and Z. Wang, “Low-cost Maximum Efficiency Tracking Method for Wireless Power Transfer Systems”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 5317-5329, 2018.
4. Z. Fu, X. Tang, and K. P. Pun*, “Use DAS algorithm to break through the device limitations of switched-capacitor-based DAC in an ADC consisting of pipelined SAR and TDC”, Solid-State Electronics, vol. 138, pp. 119-125, 2017.
5. X. Tang*, J. Zeng, Y. Zheng, K. N. Leung, and Z. Wang, “Limit-cycle oscillation reduction in high-efficiency wireless power receiver”, Electronics Letters, vol. 53, no. 16, pp. 1152-1154, 2017.
6. M. Ho, J. Guo, K., W. L. Goh, S. Bu, Y. Zheng, X. Tang, and K. N. Leung*, “A CMOS Low-Dropout Regulator With Dominant-Pole Substitution”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 6362-6371,2016.
7. H. Wang*, X. Tang, C. S. Choy, and G. Sobelman, "Cascaded Network Body Channel Model for Intra-Body Communication", IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1044-1052, 2016.
8. H. Wang*, X. Tang, C. S. Choy, K. N. Leung, and K. P. Pun, "A 5.4-mW 180-cm Transmission Distance 2.5-Mb/s Advanced Techniques-Based Novel Intrabody Communication Receiver Analog Front End", IEEE Transactions on very large scale integration(VLSI) systems, vol. 23, no.12, pp.2829-2841, 2015.
9. X. Tang*, W. T. Ng and K. P. Pun, "A resistor-based sub-1V CMOS smart temperature sensor for VLSI thermal management", IEEE Transactions on very large scale integration(VLSI) systems, vol.23, no.9, pp.1651-1660, 2015.
10. X. Tang* and K. P. Pun，“New fully-differential amplifier-less pipelined ADC with wide power scalability and ERBW”, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 80, pp. 427-435, July 2014.
11. X. Tang*, C. T. Ko, and K. P. Pun, “A charge-pump and comparator based power-efficient pipelined ADC technique”, Microelectronics Journal, Vol.43, pp.182-188, Jan. 2012.
12. X. Tang* and K. P. Pun, “A novel switched-current successive approximation ADC,” Journal of Circuits, System, and Computers, Vol.20, no.1, pp.15-27, Feb. 2011.
13. X. Tang* and K. P. Pun, “High-performance CMOS current comparator”, IET Electronic Letters, Vol.45, no.20, pp.1007-1009, Sept. 2009.
Refereed conference publications
1. Y. Zhao, X. Tang*, Z. Wang and W. Ng, “An Inductive Power Transfer System With Adjustable Compensation Network For Implantable Medical Devices”, in IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS), 2019.
2. G. Zhu, S. Mai, X. Tang*, and Z. Wang, “Simplified reconfigurable rectifier with consistent input capacitance for wireless power transfer”, in IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), 2018.
3. G. Zhu, S. Mai, X. Tang*, and Z. Wang, “Enhancement Method of Efficiency and Working Range in Bio-Implant Wireless Power Transfer”, in IEEE MTT-S Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC), 2018.
4. G. Zhu, S. Mai, X. Tang*, C. Zhang, Z. Wang, and H. Chen, “An Energy-Efficient High-Frequency Neuro-Stimulator with Parallel Pulse Generators, Staggered Output and Extended Average Current Range”, in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1030-1033, 2018.
5. R. Pei, J. Liu, X. Tang, F. Li* and Z. Wang, “A Low-Offset Dynamic Comparator with Input Offset-Cancellation”, in IEEE 12th International Conference on ASIC (ASICON), pp. 132-135, 2017.
6. Y. Li, F. Chen*, Z. Sun, Z. Weng, X. Tang, H. Jiang and Z. Wang, “System architecture of a smart binaural hearing aid using a mobile computing platform”, in IEEE International Conference on ASIC (ASICON), pp. 440-443, 2017.
7. Q. Cheng, W. Li, X. Tang, and J. Guo, “A Cascode Miller Compensated Three-Stage Amplifier with Local Q-Factor Control for Wide Capacitive Load Applications”, in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 954-957, 2017.
8. J. Deng, Z. Fu, Z. Wang, D. Chen, X. Tang, and J. Guo, “Improved Nauta Transconductor for Wideb and Intermediate-Frequency gm-C Filter”, in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1629-1632, 2017.
9. B. Li, Y. Yan, Z. Wu, X. Tang and Y. Zheng, “A Low Latency Simultaneous Quantization Vernier Delay-line-based ADC for Digital Control Single-Inductor-Multiple-Output DC-DC Converter”, in IEEE International Future Energy Electronics Conference 2017 - ECCE Asia (IFEEC 2017 - ECCE Asia),pp. 1691-1696, 2017.
10. D. Li, X. Tang, Z. Fu, J. Wang, B. Debajit, and K. P. Pun, “An 11b 40MS/s charge pump and comparator based pipelined ADC with variable reset voltages”, in IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), pp. 383-386, 2016.
11. M. Ni, F. Li, J. Zhou, Z. Wang, C. Zhang, X. Tang, and Z. Wang, “A 12Bit 800MS/s time-interleaving pipeline ADC in 65nm CMOS”, in IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), pp. 391-394, 2016.
12. Z. Fu, X. Tang, D. Li, J. Wang, D. Basak, K. P. Pun, “A 10-bit 2MS/s SAR ADC using reverse VCM-based switching scheme”, in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1030-1033, 2016.
13. X. Tang*, W. T. Ng and K. P. Pun, “A 0.9V 5kS/s Resistor-based Time-Domain Temperature Sensor in 90nm CMOS with Calibrated Inaccuracy of -0.6°C/0.8°C from ---40°C to 125°C”, in IEEE Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference (ASSCC), pp.169-172，Singapore, Nov. 2013.
14. X. Tang* and K. P. Pun, “Novel overshoot cancellation in comparator based pipelined ADC”, in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp.806-809, Seoul, Korea, May 2012. X. Tang and K. P. Pun, “High-accuracy and power-efficient switched-current memory cell”, in International Symposium on Integrated Circuits (ISIC), pp. 276-279, Singapore, Dec. 2009.
2019, National Outstanding Online Course, the second course instructor
2016, The second prize of the 7th Youth Teacher Teaching Competition in Tsinghua University
2012, Solid-State Circuits Society Student Travel Grant Award, from IEEE Solid-State Society and International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC)
2011 and 2010, Outstanding Tutor Award, from Department of Electronic Engineering in the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2010, Global Scholarship Programme for Research Excellence-CNOOC Grants 2010-2011，from the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2007, Outstanding Graduates Award, from Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2005 and 2004, Outstanding Student Leader Award, from Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2004, National Scholarship Award, from Huazhong University of Science and Technology